[Sunhelp] Raptop graphics card

Pascal Grostabussiat pascal at azoria.com
Tue Sep 19 02:55:31 CDT 2000

--------------3BD8227884E86C05F0549F85

Dan Cuthbert wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have a E250 and i have installed a Raptor GFX-8P card in it, added
> all the patches and packages and rebooted machine, yet no luck
> Is there a way to force the prom to accept that there is a graphics
> card and to pump all output through that? has anyone managed to
> install one of these cards after the server was built...
>
> am i missing something out?

Depending on which version of Solaris you have installed it might
be possible that the distribution does not contain the driver for
the graphic-card. Raptor PGX 32 came up between Solaris 2.6 and
Solaris 2.7. Usually the card comes with a CD containing the given
driver.

Furthermore, you will need to install a few patches if you don't
want the server to stale at the init 0 level rebooting from your
X environment.

Best regards,
/Pascal.
--------------3BD8227884E86C05F0549F85

begin:vcard
n:Grostabussiat;Pascal
tel;cell:+46 708 14 34 78
tel;fax:+46 8 5662 3401
tel;work:+46 8 5662 3550
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Merkantildata Systems AB
version:2.1
email;internet:pascal.grostabussiat at merkantildata.se
adr;quoted-printable:;;Archimedesv=E4gen 4=0D=0ABox 20161;Bromma;;161 02;Sweden
x-mozilla-cpt:;10704
fn:Pascal Grostabussiat
end:vcard