[Sunhelp] SparcBook 3GX forsale

Jonathan Eisch jeisch at boku.net
Sat Sep 16 12:37:10 CDT 2000

Hi All,

It seems that every good collector of fine Sun equipment sometimes finds
him/her self overextended in a financial way.  (and for students, this
is even more so)  So, I am forced to sell my only very recently acquired
SparcBook.  Here's what the lucky purchaser will get:

SparcBook 3GX:
	110mhz MicroSPARC-ii (sun4m)
	1.2GB hard drive (removable)
	64MB ram
	2mb video ram
	Onboard modem (14.4 I believe)
	Onboard SCSI
	Onboard ethernet (including a transceiver and the hard to find required
cable)
	800x600 res colour LCD (the active type, that is very nice and sharp)
	2 type II or 1 type III pcmcia card slot (for your 56k modem,
ethernet...)
	2 serial ports
	1 parallel port
	1 external keyboard/mouse port
	1 external SVGA type port (so you can drive external monitors at
high-res)

Also:
extra battery
MicroSpeed trackball
SCSI floppy disk drive w/case (works off the laptops power supply)
AC adapter
ethernet transceiver and the hard to find required cable (also listed
above)
required parallel cable adapter
a little Targus case (it's very nice, in a minimalistic sort of way.)

I can preload Solaris 6 with all the patches if you wish, and I 'may' be
able to do 2.5.1 with NCE (or whatever it's called) if you want.  I'll
even load StarOffice 5.2!

For those of you who don't quite know what a sparcbook 3gx is, it is
basically a SparcStation 5/110mhz put into a portable form, with power
management, suspend, pcmcia, everything you'd expect from a laptop,
EXCEPT: It has a very nice keyboard.  It's magnesium alloy case makes it
very rugged.  Also, check out these links:
sparcbook FAQ:
http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/SparcBook-FAQ/sparcbook-faq.html
Sparcbook user's guide:
ftp://ftp.tadpole.com/pub/pdf/s3000_userguide.pdf
Sparcbook technical manual:
ftp://ftp.tadpole.com/pub/pdf/s3gxtrmb.pdf

I'm asking $500 (or best offer) +shipping.  I figured I'd extend this
offer to SunHelp people before I put it up on 'ebay' or whatever.  (I'd
like my baby to go to a nice family, where it can grow-up with other's
of it's own platform... sniff, sniff)

-Jonathan