[Sunhelp] [Sunhelp]solaris 2.7 nfs mounting problem

Raju Ch chraju at wipro.co.in
Mon Sep 11 22:31:47 CDT 2000

Hi admins

Here I am facing a problem with solaris 2.7 on ultra systems

I am having few disks in the system and the filesystems of those are
exported
and I can access those filesystems from a remote system(another 2.7 solaris)
system.I could read and write to those filesystems.

Yesterday I was to add another disk to the system ,so I configured the disk
and
created the filesystems and exported it in the nfs server and trying to
access from the remote system
but now  I can mount those filesytems but I am unable to create or delete
the files from that.

It says "Permission denied"

but I am exporting(in server) in rw and mounting(in client)in rw
and when I give mount it shows read/write for that filesystems.

But in using the same procedure I can access the older filesystems in r/w
mode i.e. I can read and write to the
filesystems which are mounted with nfs

can some body put some light on this problem.

Thanks in advance

Raju