[Sunhelp] Hi here is my battle plan:)

Giopt nokuc at tin.it
Sun Sep 10 11:28:27 CDT 2000

You remember me???'The one whith problems at work,I think that the solution
for the problem could be the next one:
$tar cvf root.tar /
$then tar of all the other mounted FS (usr,opt,tmp)
$cp *.tar to the various FS (which will be much bigger) on the other
HardDrive (c0t8d0s*) (hoping that this will solve the space problem.)
$tar xvf of all of the backups.
$change the /etc/vfstab file to indicate the right FS on the new Hard disk
$eeprom boot-dev = disk1 (the newharddisk) or :--ok nvalias boot-dev = disk1
$reboot
And if it works change the original hard disk whith bigger FS.I don't use a
tape because they haven't still got one ($%%$%...grrr).
What do you think about it??????Do you think yhat I need even a booot -r to
reconfigure the /etc/path_to_inst file????????
I really hope that I am tarting to talk unix You know:)
Hope to ear from You soon:)
By.
Giorgio Croce
Not really a SA but he is tring to be :)