[Sunhelp] Sol8 on SS5-110

Christopher J Ceska chris at apk.net
Wed May 31 22:46:34 CDT 2000

I thought the built in SX on the 20 is faster than any sbus framebuffer
that will fit in the 20.  I beleive this is confirmed in the framebuffer
faq.  The reason is that the SX uses the memory bus, versus the slow
sbus.  I have a 20 at work with 2xTMS390z55, 256meg ram, and a 4meg SX
memory card, recently I upgraded from 2.7 to 2.8 and noticed no real
differance.  I don't use cde, or dtlogin because they are slow and ugly.
I used either afterstep 1.0 or twm, it feels like I didnt even upgrade.

-chris