[Sunhelp] Startup Help

Brian Scanlan singer at redbrick.dcu.ie
Wed May 31 19:05:19 CDT 2000

On Mon, Jul 07, 2036 at 04:29:29PM -0600, Lesley Dennis wrote:
> Where abouts should I be looking if I want to start the Apache Webserver
> automatically every time the server reboots?

You need to create a startup script. The most suitable place for the Apache
startup script would be in /etc/rc2.d - It should have a name like S99apache.

Apache ships with a suitable startup script, called "apachectl". Copying this
file to /etc/rc2.d/S99apache will cause Apache to be started on boot up. It's
good practice to then symlink /etc/rc2.d/S99apache to /etc/init.d/apache

"apachectl" would be in the bin/ directory of your apache hirarchy. If apache
was installed into /usr/local, apachectl would be in /usr/local/bin.

Hope this helps.

Brian.
--
How can I, that girl standing there,   |
My attention fix                       |