[Sunhelp] Installing Oracle 8.0.5 on Solaris 2.7

farhan.a.siddiqi at us.pwcglobal.com farhan.a.siddiqi at us.pwcglobal.com
Tue May 23 15:59:35 CDT 2000

HI,
      I am trying to install Oracle 8.0.5 on Solaris 2.7 and am running into a
problem. I did follow the instructions and after I run the installer, when i try
to run the "root.sh" script i get an error about the "ulimit" of the Oracle
user. I already did increase the "no of file descriptors" to 1024 , which is the
maximum for my system.

Here is the output of the "root.sh" script

Running Oracle8 root.sh script...
Checking for "orainst" user id...
Please raise the ORACLE owner's ulimit as per the IUG.

This is what my Kernel settings are for the shared mem segments and semaphores.
The error is specific enough about what limit i am running into.
Could you please point me to someone who could help ??. Thanx

*
* IPC Semaphores
*
    10  entries in semaphore map (SEMM
   140  semaphore identifiers (SEMMNI)
   400  semaphores in system (SEMMNS)
    30  undo structures in system (SEM
    25  max semaphores per id (SEMMSL)
    10  max operations per semop call
    10  max undo entries per process (
 32767  semaphore maximum value (SEMVM
 16384  adjust on exit max value (SEMA
*
* IPC Shared Memory
*
4294967295      max shared memory segm
     1  min shared memory segment size
   200  shared memory identifiers (SHM
    20  max attached shm segments per
*
* Time Sharing Scheduler Tunables
*
60      maximum time sharing user prio
SYS     system class name (SYS_NAME)
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please