[Sunhelp] E250 failed to boot because of some sort of power failure.

naveed Ali nav_ali at usa.net
Wed May 17 15:23:42 CDT 2000

Hello:
We have an E-250 with 256 MB RAM and 300 MHz Processor. The Problem is that
when we powered on the system.It goes down immediately and power is off. We
have took out the Hard drive and check all connections and DC output,RAM and
processor.The system is working with two power supplys.
We have checked with single supply and by swapping them.
On the other hand some times the system boots normally and suddenly it goes
down.
Now I am looking for proper method to locate the error.I have read the service
manuals, hardware answer books and owner's guide for E-250.But failed to find
a proper solution.The problem could be in DC output to peripherals etc.How can
I locate the exact point of failure.Or may be the supply is not taking the
load.
The switches in Chasis are fine.
Please suggest, I'll be gratefull.
Naveed