[Sunhelp] cc

Jarrett Carver solarboyz1 at hotmail.com
Tue May 9 05:28:08 CDT 2000

The default cc that comes with Solaris (2.5 and up) is actually a disabled C
compiler. It is merely a script that " that looks for the link
/usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc to the C compiler. The /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc link  is
available  only  with  the  SPROcc  package, whose default location is
/opt/SUNWspro "(taken from man cc(1B)).So unless you have the Sun C compiler
package, you should probably just download GCC from SunFreeware.com

If you do have the Sun C compiler package then all you need to do is copy
this script /usr/ucb/cc from another machine.