[Sunhelp] Automounting

Will Lowe lowe at asel.udel.edu
Thu May 4 13:30:51 CDT 2000

> unrelated to autmounting) is there some way to make the other server,
> which had a disk autmounted at the time of the other servers crash,
> to just unmount the disk and not freak out and freeze also?

The only reliable solution I've found is to reboot the client.  There
really ought to be some better way, but even if you kill the automount
daemon and try to unmount by hand, the system generally refuses to allow
you to do that, complaining that the filesystem is in use.

                     					Will

|   harpo at udel.edu lowe at cis.udel.edu lowe at debian.org lowe at asel.udel.edu  |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |