[Sunhelp] High Capacity Tape Drives

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Thu May 4 00:38:10 CDT 2000

torage/ait50gb-qanda.html

If you are lucky enough to get 2:1 compression, it'll even do 100GB.

Compaq gives credit to Sony for inventing AIT, but I haven't seen a 50/100
GB drive from Sony or anyone else.

LIB!  (as in, Well, I'll be...)  I'll have to call the Sony Rep and see why
I'm not in on that one.  However, the data rates that they're quoting for
that drive are not faster than the AIT that I have at work, and the capacity
is 15GB more.  It already takes way too long to do our 30GB backup now, I'd
hate to try to get 50 on there overnight...
	Greg