[Sunhelp] Automounting

Melinda Taylor melinda at phys.unsw.edu.au
Tue May 2 20:33:53 CDT 2000

Hello,

I have a couple of servers which run the automounting
facility to share the data disks between the systems.

All the servers are totally independent as far as OS
and apps go. So I am wondering, as the shared disks
are not critical why do all my servers go down if one
stops responding.

Is there some switch in the autmounter that says
'if the server isn't there, don't worry just keep on
doing what you are doing'

I presume the problem arises as some disks are mounted
when the other server goes down but surely there
must be someway to tell it just to forget it if it
can't connect to the server.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Melinda

Dr. Melinda Taylor                      Research Associate
Dept. of Astrophysics and Optics        Phone: +61 2 9385 6300
School of Physics                       Fax:   +61 2 9385 6060
UNSW, Sydney, 2052                      Email: melinda at phys.unsw.edu.au