[Sunhelp] Configuring Networking

Nabeel Ahmed nabeel at infoboard.com
Mon May 1 13:56:47 CDT 2000

Hi,
I have installed the OS and am trying to configure it for networking. I am
able to see the machines on the local network, but I am not able to go out
of the local network.
I have configured /etc/defaultrouter, /etc/resolv.conf.
What other file shld I be looking at to get my machine to look at hosts on
other networks. I am neither able to ping using hostnames nor ip's to the
outside network.
Also, I would like to mirror the HDD's using DiskSuite from Sun, I can get
the software installed but seem to get lost after that with the metabases
and stuff. I need to have at least one metabse to work with is what I have
figured out, but how do I get it up?!! :)
Regards,
Nabeel