[Sunhelp] File system problem

Giri Sekar sekar at att.com
Mon May 1 10:27:41 CDT 2000

Hi,

I have on my ultra 5 my /usr to be 100% and / to be 98% full. I found
that /usr/lib was holding most of the space and hence tried to move it
to diff. slice /newsoft and made a link to /usr and it bumped with
errors as all commands reference /usr/lib. Then i booted to cdrom -s and

mounted /a and moved back the /newsoft/lib. I also found that /usr/dt
was occuping a lot of space and hence i moved it to /newsoft and made a
sym.link to /usr. now /usr is 92% but the cde is not coming up inspite
of having a symbolic link to /usr. However /usr and /newsoft are in
different targets. can someone help.I will summarise.

Thanks
Giri.