[Sunhelp] PCMCIA on Ultra 5 and Ultra 10

Tom tom at nipltd.com
Fri Jul 28 11:24:22 CDT 2000

Hey everyone,

I have the opportunity to acquire an Ultra 5 - however, there are some PCMCIA
cards I want to use with it, and it doesn't have the PCMCIA sockets behind
that little flap on the front of the case.

Does anyone know any where to get hold of the PCMCIA bits for an Ultra5/10?

Are they the PCI Swapbox (from SCM Micro, AFAICR), or is it a custom thingy
that goes into the motherboard?

Also, has anyone tried updating the Openboot PROM on an Ultra AXi? Are the
images that can be downloaded from the Sun Microelectronics site the right
ones, or do they vary with board versions?

Cheers,
TOM

Tom Kranz - tom at nipltd.com
Systems Administrator, New Information Paradigms Ltd.
My opinions are my own, not NIP's, and not my cat's.