[Sunhelp] USB on PCI-equipped SPARCs?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jul 26 21:09:10 CDT 2000

Anybody know if its possible to add USB support to an Ultra 10 by
adding one of the cheaply available USB port adapter cards? Will
the OS support it?

(James - didnt we discuss this a while back during Sol8 beta period?)

(my biggest gripe about the SunPCi card - I had to add a powered USB
 hub in order to get anything USB to work.. but it makes me wonder if
a separate USB keyboard and mouse would work on the SunPCI - I could
use a external monitor, and let someone else use teh SunPCI via its
own keyboard and mouse and monitor while I'm using the Ultra...)

Bill

--
| Bill Bradford      |  www.sunhelp.org |