[Sunhelp] mod_perl, Apache, GCC, head spinning :)

Mike Dent mike at the-dents.org
Mon Jul 24 05:50:57 CDT 2000

Well I have to admit I am in rather a tizz with all this!

I am trying to get slashcode (http://slashcode.com) working on Solaris
8.
Now it relies on severl perl modules to be installed, mysql and
mod_perl.

I have gcc compiler installed on this system and also had to install
a perl (in /usr/local/perl) which was made with gcc to get the perl
modules to compile.

Now my next problem I think I am having is the Apache that came with
Solaris 8 comes with mod_perl and several other modules which I assume
are compiled with Perl which is compiled with CC ?

Phew!
Is there an easy way out of all this confusion?

Thanks

Mike

--
Mike Dent, Morecambe, Lancs. UK | <http://www.lancs.ac.uk/staff/dentm>