[Sunhelp] Japanese Support in Solaris

Melinda Taylor melinda at phys.unsw.edu.au
Mon Jul 17 23:31:33 CDT 2000

Hello,

We am running Solaris 2.6 in our department in AUstralia. We have a new
person starting work here from Japan and he said he would like to be able
to send and recieve emails in Japanese on our Solaris system. At the
moment this functionality isn't enabled and I'm not sure about how to
implement it.

I have been searching the web and have not come across much info yet.
Is it as simple as installing japanese fonts? i noticed the listing
of 'locale -a' does not show Japan - how do I go about installing
another locale.

Any help or pointers to web info would be appreciated.

Thanks :)

Melinda

Dr. Melinda Taylor                      Research Associate
Dept. of Astrophysics and Optics        Phone: +61 2 9385 4560
School of Physics                       Fax:   +61 2 9385 6060
UNSW, Sydney, 2052                      Email: melinda at phys.unsw.edu.au