[Sunhelp] 68-pin scsi-3 to 50 pin scsi-2

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Thu Jul 13 16:51:07 CDT 2000

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Fuerst, Robert C. (Chris) wrote:

> 6821  <<...OLE_Obj...>> MD68M - MD50M, .5M (1.6 ft) $ 75.00
>
> 	Maybe I should have said - Any leads that are not outrageously
> expensive?

http://www.pc-pitstop.com

High quality cables and _cheap_:

3ft HD68 M to HD50 M                                        $ 9.00

http://www.pimfg.com is another favorite of mine for cheap cables.

Keep in mind that most 68/50 cables do not terminate the high bits.  If
you are going directly from the wide SCSI port on the machine to an
external drive then this will not be an issue as the host adapter will
terminate them, but if you are going from an external wide device to
another external narrow device you will have problems without a high-byte
terminator.

-James