[Sunhelp] /opt

Christopher J Ceska chris at apk.net
Tue Jul 11 22:29:53 CDT 2000

/opt makes me sick.

with that said, I find that it varies from shop to shop.  We use /usr/local
for everything - it makes sense, and we do a lot of our own packaging. We
try to avoid /opt at all costs.  Some sun stuff installs in /opt no matter
what, so we reserve opt for 'optional sun binary packages' and nothing else.

I think /usr/local is a good practice, I am sure people would argue.

-chris

--
Christopher J Ceska                                         chris at apk.net
Systems Engineer				    	  +1.216.241.7166