[Sunhelp] /opt

John Kennedy jkennedy at orent.com
Tue Jul 11 19:48:41 CDT 2000

I personally prefer to leave /opt for packages and use /usr/local for
software.  For no other reason than I know where my packages and source
are.  The exception would be the packages I get from sunfreeware.com
which are packages but install in /usr/local (GCC, gzip, gtar are the
only ones...)
John

On 7/11/00, 5:02:07 PM, Karl Rossing <karl.rossing at federated.ca> wrote
regarding [Sunhelp] /opt: