[Sunhelp] SPARCstation LX lockup

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Mon Jul 3 01:28:30 CDT 2000

On Sun, 2 Jul 2000, Jeffrey Napolitano wrote:

> Lo, all, (me again),
>
> 	I've got a SPARCstation LX that my roommate borrowed, and while playing
> and picking at it, he claims he accidentally set one of the boot
> param's, specifically the disk boot search order from "01234" to a
> single number..."3" or something - the point is that whatever number he
> selected is *NOT* where the disk is.  The machine's symptoms are these:

That's not the disk boot order, that's probably the Sbus scan order.  If
it is set to not scan the onboard peripherals then you won't be able to
get console output.

Try holding down Stop-N while powering the machine on until you get an OBP
screen.  This should clear everything to defaults.  If that fails, hook up
a serial terminal to ttya via a null-modem cable (9600 8N1) and see if you
get any output.

-James