[Sunhelp] Sparc 20 using monitor from a Sparc 2

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Jul 2 23:53:42 CDT 2000

On Sun, Jul 02, 2000 at 08:35:17PM -0500, Tim Grossner wrote:
> I dont know much about the workings of framebuffer cards, so does anyone
> know why the built-on framebuffer of this sparc20 will not display on the
> older monitor?? Is there a difference in refresh rates or someting?

Most likely the new framebuffer (CG6?) is not doing
1152x900x60hz.  Check the Framebuffer FAQ at
http://www.sunhelp.og on how to set the frequency/resolution
from the OpenBoot PROM (I've had to do this before, you have tot
hit stop-A and then type it in "blind", then type "reset" and hit
enter...)

Bill

--
| Bill Bradford      |  www.sunhelp.org |