[Sunhelp] Sparc 20 using monitor from a Sparc 2

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Sun Jul 2 23:50:02 CDT 2000

Probably doesn't work because you don't have a frame buffer.  The SS20 has
an onboard video connector, but by default it doesn't have the necessary
hardware to drive it.  If you open up the SS20, it's easy to tell.  If all
of your ram slots have the same length ram in them, then you don't have a
frame buffer for the onboard connector.  If one piece of ram has a little
extra "thing" on the end, and is in one of the "longer" ram slots, then you
do.
	Grego