[Sunhelp] SPARCstation LX lockup

Jeffrey Napolitano webmaster at worldsmith.com
Sun Jul 2 11:32:58 CDT 2000

Lo, all, (me again),

	I've got a SPARCstation LX that my roommate borrowed, and while playing
and picking at it, he claims he accidentally set one of the boot
param's, specifically the disk boot search order from "01234" to a
single number..."3" or something - the point is that whatever number he
selected is *NOT* where the disk is.  The machine's symptoms are these:

	- when powered on, the machine beeps, the green light flicks on
	- the hard disk audibly winds up (as usual)
	--> nothing is output to the monitor....nothing ever comes up.

Now, I'm not sure if the problem is as simple as the boot search order
being messed up (I would have thought that the basic BIOS info would
have been displayed), but I have heard that there is a combination of
keystrokes that can be pressed to revert the settings of the machine to
"factory default".  Does anyone know what this combination is?

Thanks much,

Jeff
--
Webmaster