[SunHELP] Automounting Problems - Help Pls

Balaji srinivasan sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 18 09:48:24 CST 2000

Hi Admins,
         We had a power outage y'day night and since then we have been
facing a problem related to mounting of a file system from a file server.
Autofs daemon and nfs daemons are running and the /etc/auto_master and
/etc/auto_home files are perfect...we use NIS and ypwhich also returns
proper master server name.

When I tried mounting the file system manually it returns an err msg
permission denied. Any ideas..??.

The system is Solaris 5.6 and E450 server.

Any help is really appreciated as this server is a production one and users
are not able to use the home directories.

Thanks,
Balaji