[SunHELP] Adobe Acrobat on Solaris8?

Bob Minvielle sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 16 23:37:51 CST 2000

I am running Solaris8 on a Sun Ultra 5. I have
installed Helix-gnome, but I do not think that
is interfering with adobe. The problem is that
Acrobat reader installs fine, but when executed
it complains about lib.so.6 problems.

Anyone else try to install acrobat under Solaris8??
Anyone had this problem??

Thanks.

FWIW: I bought this machine to run mathematica
on for my thesis... Just out of curiosity, I ran
ony of my mathematica tests on the U5-400 and it took
.98 seconds. On a PIII 733Mhz running win98 it took
2.99 seconds. I decided to make the calculation more
difficult for it and the results were similar:
9.50 seconds on the U5, 29.78 seconds on the PIII.
(my thesis work notebooks take the U5 about 10 mins,
for a small one, so you can see how it is a big
help...)

=====
Bob
baddlci at yahoo.com