[SunHELP] e450 server help

Bill Bradford sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 14 10:53:48 CST 2000

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 04:05:38PM -0000, Fletcher, Joe wrote:
> The reality is that USPARC II 250s just aren't that fast especially compared
> to some of the competition. Even the new UIII 900s are only just on a par
> with the EV67 Alphas of a year ago.
> The UII 450s are about as fast as a PC though they do better on I/O.
> Good hunting.
> Cheers
> Joe

Please, no platform wars here.  Every machine/OS has things it does
better than another platform - thats why we have different brands of
computers and different varieties of UNIX.  Personally, I admin DEC
boxes, Sun servers, and HP-UX machines every day, and I like each
of them for different reasons...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford       |    "Do you expect me to talk?"
mrbill at mrbill.net   |    "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"