[SunHELP] connecting sunpci & workstation

bphinz sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 11 12:07:18 CST 2000

Hi,

i can't for the life of me get my sunpci and host workstation to see each other.
i've followed the sunpci user's guide to no avail. both my workstation and my
sunpci can ping everything else on the network (by name and ip) except each
other. they do have seperate ip addresses. when i run the addroute.bat file on
the sunpci, as suggested by the user's guide i get an error stating that the
route addition failed. i'm not really sure that i see why these routes need to
be added, since they're on the same subnet, and these packets should be routed
by the router anyway, right? (meaning why do these specific routes need to be
added when no other machines on the same subnet need it...)

thanks,
-brian