[SunHELP] A1000 Raid Manager Question

Dale Ghent sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 6 18:54:57 CST 2000

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, David Eisner wrote:

| Hi.  We have a couple of A1000's.  I'm using Raid Manager 6
| (version 06.01.01.11).

You might want to take a look at the latest version of RM, which is 6.22.

http://www.sun.com/service/online/raid.html (go to bottom of page)

| When I do a health check, though, there's no mention of it.
| Is that unusual?  Looking at the backs of the units, on one,
| neither the battery fault or battery charge LED is on.  On
| the other unit, the battery fault light is amber, and the battery
| charge light is blinking.

It could be that RM got confused. Similar problems have happened to me
before. In this case, trust the hardware status lights. You can replace
the A1000 NVRAM battery hot. No need to bring the unit down.

| Again, this doesn't show up in the Health Check.  I think
| this latter failure may have been temporary.  The time
| and date coincide with a little problem we had where the
| temperature in the room got up to around 95 F.  Is it
| safe to assume the fan/power supply is OK?  On each of
| the two arrays, all four blower status leds are green,
| and both power supply status lights are green.

Perhaps the fans went into a higher speed mode, and that caused the
monitoring circuit to go wacky or something. If you've seen no problems
since, and the hardware health lights say things are fine, I wouldnt
worry about it.

/dale