[SunHELP] A1000 Raid Manager Question

David Eisner sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 6 17:53:33 CST 2000

Hi.  We have a couple of A1000's.  I'm using Raid Manager 6
(version 06.01.01.11).

Looking back through the Message Log, I see that

  The controller has failed the battery because the battery
  has reached its expiration date."

There's are multiple entries like this, and there are
entries for each unit (not surprising since they're the same age).

When I do a health check, though, there's no mention of it.
Is that unusual?  Looking at the backs of the units, on one,
neither the battery fault or battery charge LED is on.  On
the other unit, the battery fault light is amber, and the battery
charge light is blinking.

Another entry from the Message Log:

  A power supply or fan has failed in the RAID Module...

Again, this doesn't show up in the Health Check.  I think
this latter failure may have been temporary.  The time
and date coincide with a little problem we had where the
temperature in the room got up to around 95 F.  Is it
safe to assume the fan/power supply is OK?  On each of
the two arrays, all four blower status leds are green,
and both power supply status lights are green.

Thanks.

-David

David Eisner            | E-mail: cradle at eng.umd.edu |
CALCE EPSC              | Phone:  301-405-5341       |
University of Maryland  | Fax:    301-314-9269       |