[SunHELP] Talk to me of NetApp. . .

Bill Bradford sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 1 11:45:34 CST 2000

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 11:20:13AM -0600, Hatle, Steven J. wrote:
> I'd be interested in hearing of anyone's experiences with similar
> situations, and especially with NetApp hardware/software in specific. You
> know; speed/reliability/cost/failover/backup/love it/hate it/be careful of,
> etc.
> I have a few resources who speak highly of current NetApp, and I run a 6
> year old FAServer 450 serving up NFS in my basement, so I'm pre-disposed to
> like the stuff. Tell me what you think.  .  .
> TIA,
> Steve

It cant be beat.  I've done things to NetApp hardware that cant be mentioned
in mixed company, and it still recovered and kept going with no loss of
data.  I'd *KILL* to have an older NetApp for home.

However, I have no experience with the NetApp CIFS stuff; all my experience
with their equipment was via NFS....

Bill

--
Bill Bradford