[Sunhelp] sims

Barry Haycock (IT) Barry.Haycock at b-online.com.au
Tue Aug 22 23:55:30 CDT 2000

i am running sims on a sparc ultra 5 for approx 300 users

our email reader we use is netscape messenger and the odd outlook users
i have found that users delete their email under netscape and we have
the settings
set so that when they next shutdown it flushes all their deleted email.

but when i do a imquotacheck it shows that the users have very large
mailboxes eventhou
they may only have a few emails in their mailboxes.

i then setup a useraccount under outlook and it shows all of the deleted
email marked as
deleted but not purged from the system.

for instance my mail box for bugtraq has no email in it but when opened
up under outlook
it shows over 10000 marked as deleted emails. purging under outlook has
no effect and is not
an option.

this is after doing a impurge -a everynite (via cron)
is there a way that i can do a purge of all deleted email (which i
thought impurge would do )

i know that when an email is recieved by more that one user the email
will not be deleted until
all users have marked it as deleted.

any help

barry