[Sunhelp] Virus protection in Solaris

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Tue Aug 22 17:05:51 CDT 2000

There are MANY other reasons to run virus scan on Solaris, or another Unix.
If you're running a fileserver for windows programs, you'll want to scan for
viruses.  You could also run a mail gateway on a Unix machine that would
scan all incoming and/or outgoing emails for viruses.  That said, there
aren't many viruses for *nix because *nix users generally don't execute some
random binary program on their computers.
	Greg