[Sunhelp] Sun Ultra 5 models?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Aug 16 18:17:49 CDT 2000

On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 03:47:07PM -0700, Dan Jameyson wrote:
> I think that the 270mhz Ultra5 had a slightly different looking case,
> with an extra 5.25 slot under the CD. And yeah, the Ultra5 board has a
> Creator3d slot, but there isn't space for the card. I haven't given it
> much thought, but it *might* be possible to break out the old dremmel
> tool and modify the back panel - any thoughts on this?

I've only seen the one model of U5; there's space under the CD-ROM for
an *internal* 5.25" device if you really wanted it, but there's only one
external 5.25" opening (used by the cdrom).

As for the Creator card, the card itself is taller than the case; you'd
have to do a lot of hacking away and have a card sticking through your
top cover.  Easier to just find a used U10 case/ps and riser card and
move your motherboard over (and U10 cases are impossible to find...)

Bill (like my u10 much more than the u5, but I hate how you have to
 TURN IT OVER to take the case off... how bass-ackwards).

--
| Bill Bradford      |  www.sunhelp.org |