[Sunhelp] Re: rsh date ,permission denied

Steffen Grunewald steffen at gfz-potsdam.de
Fri Aug 11 01:56:19 CDT 2000

On Thu 2000-08-10 (22:14), jack M. wrote:
> hi,
>
> When i do "rsh remotehost ccd1" i get the "permissin denied" error.
> How can I fix this?. my host is newly installed ssol 2.6 and other host is
> ssol 2.8.

You will need permission to log in into the other host without typing
your password. There are at least two ways to achieve this: .rhosts
and /etc/hosts.equiv - both have caveats.

Steffen
--
Steffen Grunewald * GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam * Projektbereich 2.2
Telegrafenberg E3 * D-14473 Potsdam * Germany / Duitsland / Allemagne