[Sunhelp] Re: Totally off topic for any list I know of

Steffen Grunewald steffen at gfz-potsdam.de
Fri Aug 11 01:54:11 CDT 2000

On Thu 2000-08-10 (15:14), Kyle Freestone wrote:
> Does anybody remember the DOS editor EDLIN?
> a co-worker is trying to edit a text file on a PC and has
> found that EDLIN will do a command she needs but can't
> figure out how to get it to do the edits via a batch file.
> The edit is to select a particular line then delete it.
> Should be quite simple - any ideas for EDLIN batch jobs

If input redirection doesn't work (perhaps it won't :-( )
try to put the few commands into the keyboard buffer and call
edlin afterwards so it will process the keystrokes

i've got a small utility called key.exe from somewhere which
would do that

There's a collection of Unix tools ported to DOS, too, look
for unix4dos or sth like that
--
Steffen Grunewald * GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam * Projektbereich 2.2
Telegrafenberg E3 * D-14473 Potsdam * Germany / Duitsland / Allemagne