[Sunhelp] problems with my tape capacity

Juan Ramos jramos at realmedia.com
Thu Aug 10 04:59:18 CDT 2000

Hi all,

I have just one littel question......I had a tape Python 4mm with a capacity
of 8GB, and when I tried to do a backup on my solaris 7 (with ufsdump) the
ufsdump asked me for a new tape just after backuped only 5 GB...why I can't
use all the capacity of my tape (8GB) ?????

I use this command : ufsdump ucf /dev/rmt/0cn /files_to_backup

and i read in another mails people sometimes use this command to do backups:
dump 0dsbfu 54000 367 126 /dev/nrst8 /

what is the signification of this numbers 54000 367 126 ????

thanks in advance for your help

regards
Juan

--