[Sunhelp] cleaning Sun keyboards

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Aug 10 02:36:34 CDT 2000

Anybody had much luck cleaning a Sun Type 5 keyboard and restoring it to
full functionality?  I've got a Type 5 here (PC layout, ctrl under left
shift, ESC in top right where GOD INTENDED IT), where the 3 key went out
last week and now the "e" is starting to flake too.

The only other keyboard I've got is a UNIX-layout 5c, but right now I
prefer the T5/PC layout (since I've got the same layout at work).

Anybody know a source of cheap T5 (not 5c) PC-layout keyboards?

I'd kill for a PC/PS-2 keyboard with the same feel as the Sun
keyboards - I'd buy a stack of them.  I used to collect Northgate
Omnikey keyboards as well.... but I dont have any native PS/2
Omnikeys and sometimes using an AT-to-PS2 adapter doesent work
that well.

(sorry for the rambling post, its like 3am and I've got work in
the morning...)

--
| Bill Bradford      |  www.sunhelp.org |