[Sunhelp] sunPCi question

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Sat Apr 29 21:18:47 CDT 2000

Ok, first I have to say that I've never used a SunPCI card (nor an Ultra5,
but that's a different matter).  I have, however, been using VMWare, which
provides a very similar service for x86 machines running Linux.  Now to try
and answer your question.  I think that if you assign the Ultra5, the
SunPCI, and the x86 box addresses on the same subnet, they should be able to
communicate.  The only place that you <emphasis>might</emphasis> need to
have any routing would probably be on the Ultra5, and the route would most
likely be to point the address of the SunPCI card out the interface on the
Ultra5.  This seems highly unlikely, because it feels too hackish.

Have you checked out http://docs.sun.com/ for information on this sort of
thing?  I'm sure there must be something there...
	Greg