[Sunhelp] NTFS partitioning woes

Saul Farber sjf8 at cornell.edu
Fri Apr 28 17:24:59 CDT 2000

Hello experts!

I have a problem that I think cant be too uncommon.  I
formatted a seperate partition for my solaris x86 disk, and
now want to obliterate the old NTFS partition.  The problem
is that Solaris's format utility can't see the NTFS
partition, and it is the bulk of the disk.  Is there any way
for me to remove the ntfs partition without completely
wiping the whole disk?  I can't seem to get NT to start up
anymore (something to do with the Ultra 66 IDE card), and I
(oops!) already erased the old bigdos partition from the
disk before realizing that I couldn't see the NTFS
partition.

Bottom line...can I get my WHOLE HD over to solaris without
wiping it completely?  Is there a way to reclaim a rouge
NTFS partition?

Thanks!

Saul