[Sunhelp] Breaks on ttyX

Kins Orekhov korekhov at outlook.net
Fri Apr 28 16:05:42 CDT 2000

Hello people!

How can one prevent sun machine from falling into `boot` prompt on
receiving a `break` signal on any of ttyX?
I know it's a not good idea because we won't be able to get `boot` prompt
in case we need it, but it's better for us to not to allow breaks from
terminal server when it goes down for any reason.

I saw in sun-managers archive that's possible either by patching kernel
with adb (zsa_xsint routine) or by some home-handmade device,
described in doc named serial.ps. But I wasn't able to find any detailed
info regarding how exactly one should do this.

Also, isn't possible to have some option in /etc/system to disable
reaction on break signals?

Does anybody have any suggestion/instructions?

Any help would be very appreciated!

TIA,

--
Kins Orekhov