[Sunhelp] $39 Symbios PCI card in Ultra10

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Apr 23 17:52:40 CDT 2000

On Sun, Apr 23, 2000 at 02:48:17PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Just realized the U10 still has OBP 3.11 in it; I'm going to upgrade to
> the latest as of last month later today, and see if that makes a
> difference.. It lists some Symbios problems as being fixed.

Just finished upgrading the U10 to OBP 3.25, and I'm just now booting off
the Solaris 8 FCS (release) version; I get the same messages about the
Symbios card.  *sigh* oh well.  Anybody know where I can pick up a
Symbios 8751sp cheaply?  Anybody wanna trade a 8.4gig HD or bigger for a
nice PCI scsi card and a Plextor cd-rom drive? 8-)

Bill

--
|   Bill Bradford    |   Austin, Texas   |