[Sunhelp] Re: Production Disksuite for Solaris 8

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Apr 21 13:48:18 CDT 2000

On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 11:54:14AM -0600, Robert Brady wrote:
> As for Bill's second question:
> You can shoot over to www.sun.com and request an offical version of
> Solaris 8 software for (I believe) $75.  There is a lot of restrictions on
> what it can be used for, but it is the full release of Solaris.

Yeah - the reason I asked if someone could copy the CDs for me was because
I cant afford the additional $75 right now. 8-)  The version you get for
$75 actually has no restrictions - its a full normal media kit, and licenses
(for any purpose) for Solaris are now free as long as you're running it on
a machine with less than 8 CPUs.

Bill

|   Bill Bradford    |   Austin, Texas   |