[Sunhelp] PCMCIA with Ultra AXi

Tom tom at nipltd.com
Fri Apr 7 10:13:19 CDT 2000

Hi Everyone,

Wondering if anyone else has come across a similar problem.

I have a SCM Micro PCI PCMCIA card - model SBP-D2 - which I'm trying to get to
work in my Ultra AXi (333mhz, 384mb, Creator 3D, SunPCi).

Whenever I plug the SCM PCI adapter in, and turn the machine on, it appears to
go through the POST tests (lights flash on the keyboard) and the monitor gets
a signal, 'cos it comes out of power saving mode - but that's it. The machine
doesn't boot, and the screen stays blank.

When I remove the card and power on, the machine boots normally.

With the card came a driver disk with a new /kernel/misc/pcalloc file - but
it's only for Solaris 2.5.1 and Solaris 2.6. I'm using Solaris 7, and that
file doesn't exist.

Not being remotely familiar with PCMCIA, I'm a bit lost, to say the least :-)
SCM Micro's website is worse than useless, and contains no info at all.
Logging in to Sunsolve and doing a search has returned nothing worthwhile,
either.

I've just applied the patch cluster from Sunsolve CD 4.0.12, and also the
106541_10 (13mb download!) kernel patch, but it doesn't seem to have made a
difference.

Anyone come across this before, or has some more familiarity with PCMCIA and
is able to shed some light?

Thanks very much for any help at all :-)

Cheers,
TOM

Tom Kranz - tom at nipltd.com
Systems Administrator, New Information Paradigms Ltd.
My opinions are my own, not NIP's, and not my cat's.