[Sunhelp] Console framebuffer driver

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Wed Apr 5 12:22:27 CDT 2000

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Spencer Doherty wrote:

> I'm in the process of setting up a E450 and when I installed Solaris 2.6 it
> told me it couldn't find a driver for the console framebuffer.  Well, it
> installed via the command line (as opposed to the Openwindows install), but
> now I can't get x-windows to work locally, only remotely.  Any suggestions?

What framebuffer do you have installed in the machine?  If it's a PGX32
then you'll need to installed the drivers off of the CDROM that came with
the card (the disc should have been included if the card was part of a
prebuilt system as well).

Drivers are included in recent revisions of Solaris.  I'm not sure if
they're downloadable from Sun separately.

-James