[Sunhelp] Console framebuffer driver

Eric Alger algere at huachuca-appoc21.army.mil
Wed Apr 5 12:12:26 CDT 2000

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 09:25:49AM -0700, Spencer Doherty wrote:
> I'm in the process of setting up a E450 and when I installed Solaris 2.6 it
> told me it couldn't find a driver for the console framebuffer.  Well, it
> installed via the command line (as opposed to the Openwindows install), but
> now I can't get x-windows to work locally, only remotely.  Any suggestions?

> Spencer Doherty
> Manager of Network Operations
> Exclaim Technologies, Inc.
> Phone:  408-281-6785
> Fax:  408-281-6729
> Email:  sdoherty at exclaim.net

Spencer,

Your E450 most likely came with a PGX32 PCI card which is not supported in
the standard 2.6 install.  This was the case with mine.  There should be a
supplemental PGX32 documentation package with a driver CD, the documentation
steps you through the install.  I elected to for go the driver installation
and instead run it through the serial console.  Hope this helps.

--
Eric G. Alger
Computer Scientist
algere at hqasc.army.mil, algere at appoc21.army.mil