[Sunhelp] Re: [SunRescue] "Outsiders" update on SunHELP legal troubles

Michael C. Vergallen mvergall at double-barrel.be
Tue Apr 4 12:00:59 CDT 2000

Hi,
This seems like that out of a messy situation something positive is
happening. I find this is a positive situation. What I would like to see
evolve from this is a sort of a charter between Sun and the grass
roots comunity that clearly indicates what is allowed to be passed allong
...e.i. confidentiality is good and well and is sometimes required evils
however I feel that after a certain period or whenever a document makes it
to the public arena its confidential status should be revieved by the
author and if apropriate declasified as being confidential & then simple
copywright would apply. This could enshure that sush a cockup never hapens
again. Becuase in a way Sun is not really served by this as is the
comunity also this would make shure overzelous poeple don't fly of the
handle. With that a more formal comunity form should not be
required...the way things are seems to satify both us as a user comunity
and Sun for who it is good PR to have poeple like us who appriciate the
products Sun produced whell at least I do ...because some of the designs
of there early models where advanced compared to the PC design of the
time.

Those are my toughts on the message by Chris.

Michael
---
Michael C. Vergallen A.k.A. Mad Mike,
Sportstraat 28			http://www.double-barrel.be/mvergall/
B 9000 Gent			ftp://ftp.double-barrel.be/pub/linux/
Belgium				tel : 32-9-2227764 Fax : 32-9-2224976