[Sunhelp] Re: ?: Fortran77 v3.0 can't support on Solaris 7

Bill Moffitt bill.moffitt at eng.sun.com
Mon Sep 20 10:54:27 CDT 1999

Your customer should upgrade to Sun Performance WorkShop Fortran 5.0 so he/she
can get access to the large memory and large files capability in Solaris 7, as
well as the most recent compiler optimizations.

If they only have a few Fortran programmers and they're always on the same
machines, I'd recommend they trade up to the Performance WorkShop Personal
Editon, which includes all the tools in a lower-cost, nodelocked version of the
WorkShop (only runs on one machine). If they have several Fortran programmers
and/or they need to use different machines, they need the regular (floating
license) version of Performance WorkShop.

Note that by buying just the WorkShop Compilers Fortran, they do not get any
debugging or performance tools, which is very surprising and annoying to many
customers.

Hope this helps,

Bill

Wonkyu Chang - Sun Korea SE wrote:

> Dear expert,
>
> IHAC having Fortran77 v3.0 compiler.
> Now, he's going to upgrade OS into Solaris 7.
> But, as you know, Fortran77 v3.0 can't support on Solaris 7
>
> Then, which version does he need to upgrade his compiler?
>
> Thanks,
> WK Chang

Bill Moffitt                  Product Line Manager, WorkShop Products
bill.moffitt at sun.com                                   (650) 786-8886