[Sunhelp] Linux on Tadpole.

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Mon Sep 20 00:03:44 CDT 1999

I wouldn't think that there would be too much problem just putting a stock
RH6 on there, install from CD is easiest.  I can't imagine that it wouldn't
at least run in text mode, but I'm not sure about X video.  I'm more
familiar with Linux, but solaris has some nice features.  It certainly never
crashes (not yet anyway), and the applications are more mature.  All of the
software I use on Linux is beta, because there isn't any non beta software
yet.  :)  Well, not entirely true, there are a bunch of server apps, but I'm
assuming that you mean for desktop/workstation use.  There's no office suite
that I will even use, but GXedit is pretty good, and Gnumeric is decent.
They're both beta, as far as I'm concerned though.  If you want stable, I'd
say solaris all the way.  Fast, well, that's very subjective.  maybe
somebody else will comment..  :)
	Greg